Ivan Isaac Ramirez Wiki- Ivan Isaac Ramirez Biography
Ivan Isaac Ramirez, a 23-year-old from Los Angeles, was arrested Thursday morning as the first person directly connected to the burglary at the Americana at Brand’s Yves Saint Laurent store.Ramirez was booked on several charges including organized retail theft, burglary, grand theft and conspiracy.A second suspect, 21-year-old Brianna Jimenez of Los Angeles, is currently at large, according to police.The flash-mob burglary unfolded on Tuesday, Aug. 8, and was caught on video. Police said at least 30 suspects flooded into the store and fled with an estimated $400,000 in merchandise.
Since then, Glendale detectives have been working with Americana security and representatives from YSL as part of its investigation.”I assure all members of the Glendale community and the broader Los Angeles region that these brazen smash-and-grab robberies and burglaries will not be tolerated,” said Glendale Police Chief Many Cid. “This marks the first arrest related to this crime and there are more arrests to come.”A representative for developer Rick Caruso, owner of the Grove and other SoCal retail centers, including The Americana at Brand, released the following statement on the arrest.
“Our heartfelt thanks goes out to the Glendale Police Department for their swift and decisive actions leading to the first arrest for the theft at Saint Laurent. The relentless efforts of the GPD showcases their professionalism and dedication to upholding the safety and integrity of our community.At Caruso, we remain steadfast in our commitment to the security of our guests, tenants, residents and employees and our top priority is to maintain a safe and family-friendly environment at each of our properties. While this incident was deeply concerning, it strengthens our resolve to ensure that The Americana at Brand continues to be a symbol of safety, excellence and community.”
Ivan Isaac Ramirez Age
Ivan Isaac Ramirez age is 23 years old.
After facing strong criticism from residents and business owners, law enforcement agencies across Los Angeles County have teamed up to create a task force to tackle the alarming increase in smash-and-grabs.In a press conference Thursday morning, Mayor Karen Bass announced the Organized Retail Crimes Task Force that will focus on the organized retail crimes in the county.The task force will include detectives and investigators from the Los Angeles Police Department, Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department, California Highway Patrol, Glendale Police Department, Burbank Police Department, Beverly Hills Police Department, Santa Monica Police Department, U.S. Marshals Apprehension Task Force and Federal Bureau of Investigation Task Force.
Prosecutors from the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office, Los Angeles City Attorney’s Office and the California Attorney General’s office will join the task force as well to ensure suspects are prosecuted to the “full extent of the law,” according to Bass.”What we’ve seen over just the past week in the city of Los Angeles and in the surrounding regions is unacceptable, which is why today we are here announcing action,” Bass said. “These are not victimless crimes — especially in the case where Angelenos were attacked — through force or fear — as they did their jobs or ran errands.”
“No Angelenos should feel like it’s unsafe to go shopping and no Angelenos should feel like it’s unsafe to open a business in Los Angeles or Los Angeles County,” she added.Bass emphasized that if “someone commits a crime, we’ll catch you.” Gavin Newsom issued a statement Thursday afternoon saying, the “CHP will triple its resources in the Los Angeles region devoted to tackling retail crime and allocate additional investigators specifically the new regional law enforcement task force.”Newsom said the regional retail theft task force is similar to the CHP’s Organized Retail Crime Task Force (ORCTF) that was established in 2019.The state’s ORCTF has recovered $30.7 million in stolen merchandise, conducted more than 1,850 investigations and led to the arrests of 1,250 individuals.The state’s 2023-24 budget includes more than $800 million in funding to support improve public safety and crack down on retail crime.
“The CHP is the proven leader in tackling organized retail theft and through this expanded partnership the agency will further assist the city in doing its job to keep Angelenos and their businesses safe,” Newsom said in a statement.The Southland has been subject to an increasing number of retail thefts by large groups of suspects targeting retail locations. The suspects often target specific malls with high-end merchandise, according to a statement from the LAPD.Suspects grab a large quantity of merchandise often using tools to break glass display cases and cut security cords — or smash-and-grabs. According to a statement from LAPD, each incident has resulted in several hundreds of thousands of dollars loss to retailers.
“Each of these acts takes away from our peace of mind or our sense of our security when we want to go out and do shopping in retail communities,” LAPD Assistant Chief Dominic Choi said during the press conference in City Hall. “The Los Angeles Police Department will not tolerate these acts. We will not stand by idly while these acts continue.”
Most are expected to appear in court at a later date for a process to determine their status.